3 WAYS TO SURVIVE the Cryptocurrency Market Crash! — Steemit https://t.co/bHpT6zgQGr
VMware vSphere™ is the industry’s first cloud operating system. VMware vSphere abstracts applications and information from the complexity of underlying infrastructure.
Key components of VMware vSphere
- VMware ESX and VMware ESXi are high performance virtualization layer and allow their sharing by virtual machines. Memory management and advanced scheduling capabilities of VMware ESX and ESXi allow for the highest consolidation ratios and the best application performance.
- VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) aggregates compute resources across many clusters and dynamically allocates them to virtual machines based on business priorities, educing management complexity through automation.
- VMware Distributed Power Management (DPM), included with VMware DRS, automates energy efficiency in VMware DRS clusters by continuously optimizing server power consumption within each cluster.
- VMware Virtual Machine File System (VMFS) is a high-performance cluster file system.
- VMware Thin Provisioning provides dynamic allocation of storage capacity.
- VMware Distributed Switch simplifies and enhances the provisioning, administration and control of virtual machine networking in VMware vSphere environments. It also enables third-party distributed virtual switches such as the Cisco Nexus 1000v to be used in VMware vSphere environmentsl.
- VMware VMotion eliminates the need to schedule application downtime due to scheduled server maintenance through live migration of virtual machines across servers with no disruption to users or loss of service.
- VMware Storage VMotion eliminates the need to schedule application downtime due to planned storage maintenance or during storage migrations by enabling live migration of virtual machine disks with no disruption to users or loss of service.
- VMware High Availability (HA) provides effective, automated restart within minutes for all Virtual machines in the event of hardware or operating system failures.
- VMware Fault Tolerance provides continuous availability, without any data loss or downtime, to any application, in the event of hardware failures.
- VMware Data Recovery provides simple, effective, agentless backup and recovery for virtual machines, in smaller environments.
- VMware vShield simplifies application security by enforcing security policies at the application level in a shared environment.
- VMware VMsafe enables the use of security products that work in conjunction with the virtualization layer to provide higher levels of security to virtual machines than even physical servers.
- VMware DRS dynamically load balances server resources to deliver the right resource to the right application based on business priority; allowing applications to shrink and grow as needed
- Hot add enables CPU and memory to be added to virtual machines when needed without disruption or downtime.
- Hot plug enables virtual storage and network devices to be added to or removed from virtual machines without disruption or downtime.
- Hot extend of virtual disks allows virtual storage to be added to running virtual machines without disruption or downtime
There are different flavors available for vSphere and can be purchased in the following editions:
VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus includes the full range of vSphere features for transforming datacenters into dramatically simplified cloud computingenvironments providing the next generation of flexible, reliable IT services.
VMware vSphere Advanced provides a strategic consolidation solution that protects all applications against planned and unplanned downtime to provide superior application availability.
VMware vSphere Standard provides an entry level solution for basic consolidation of applications to slash hardware costs while accelerating application deployment.
VMware vSphere Essentials Plus provides an all-in-one solution for small offices to virtualize three physical servers, reducing hardware costs while ensuring superior high application availability and data protection.
VMware vSphere Essentials provides an all-in-one solution for small offices to virtualize three physical servers for consolidating and managing applications to reduce hardware and operating costs with a low up front investment
For more information on each of the editions and pricing refer to http://www.vmware.com/go/vsphere/buy.
Or lookup this document: http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/key_features_vsphere.pdf