I am a big fan of DR plans. Beside VMware SRM, Zerto, rapidly becoming the standard for disaster recovery in virtualized and cloud environments. Zerto recently introduced Virtual Replication (ZVR) 3.0, which brings simple, automated disaster recovery to all virtualized workloads at the VM-level. And again they take a big advantage with this release by Introducing innovative features for service providers and customers.
Zerto Virtual Replication 3.0 widens Zerto’s technological lead in the two areas where Zerto already excels: enterprise-class disaster recovery that is 100 percent reliable, and virtual-aware recovery that is easy to manage. New enterprise features include robust DR capabilities for branch offices, a parallel recovery feature to quickly recover large applications and a new ‘test-before-commit’ function.
New enterprise features include:
- Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) support: Standardize protection across the organization with support for branch offices, delivering the same tight SLAs of the main office.
- 100 percent assurance for DR testing: New ‘test-before-you-commit’ capability delivers comprehensive recovery.
- Parallel recovery feature accelerates large application availability.
New Cloud Service Provider features include:
- Zerto Self-Service Portal (ZSSP): Offer mission-critical protection quickly and easily with a SSP that integrates into the existing infrastructure with little to no effort.
- Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM): A centralized management point for CSPs to get a complete view of disaster recovery customers across multiple sites. This feature is also useful for enterprises building private clouds.
- vCloud 5.1 seamless integration: Native support for vApps, Storage Profiles, Org Networks, Provider vDC and more.
- VMware vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) integration: The only disaster recovery solution for vCAC environments.
Developed exclusively for virtualized and cloud environments, Zerto is rapidly becoming the standard for disaster recovery and business continuity in the modern data center. The company’s award-winning solution, Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR), is the industry’s first hypervisor-based, virtual aware, data replication software, offering simplicity and greatly reduced operational and maintenance costs compared to legacy array-based replication. ZVR received ‘Best of Show’ at VMworld 2011, as well as 2012 and 2011 ‘Product of the Year’ Gold Awards. For more information, please visit: zerto.com.
How does Zerto power cloud Disaster Recovery services? Watch the Video.