VMware Fusion 3.1 Beta Now Available
The VMware Fusion 3.1 Beta is now available at http://communities.vmware.com/community/beta/fusion
This beta software includes 10+ new and improved features including:
- More Powerful Graphics Performance for Games & 3D Apps: OpenGL 2.1 support for Windows Vista and Windows 7, DirectX 9.0 SM3 performance improvements, Windows Aero performance improvements, better OpenGL compatibility for modeling apps
- Improved USB Support: USB "EasyConnect" makes it simple to assign a USB device to a virtual machine or your Mac and then remembers preferred settings for each USB device
- Support for larger virtual machines: 8-way SMP support added, maximum virtual hard disk size increased from 950 GB to 2 TB
- Improved Boot Camp Support: Improved disk performance for your Boot Camp VMs, better handling of disk configuration changes to avoid duplicate entries, option to avoid authentication dialogs when using a Boot Camp virtual machine
- PC Migration Improvements: Migration status displayed on PC, now avoids port conflicts, guest account issues on Mac OS X now resolved
- User Experience Improvement Program: VMware uses information obtained through the User Experience Improvement Program to improve the quality, reliability, and performance of our products and to plan our future development and testing. Participation in the program is voluntary and you can opt out at any time.
- Many Additional UI Improvements and Various Fixes: See the VMware Fusion 3.1 Beta Release Notes for more information.
We look forward to hearing your feedback. Please post all of your comments or questions in the Beta forums!