RT @50mu: When formatting a disk in HyperV (a LUN from a Dell EMC Unity 450F (all flash), this takes hours. Does anyone know how to format…
VirtualCenter tasks that conflict with VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure functionality
According to this article it's providing a list of VirtualCenter actions that conflict with VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) functionality and cause VDI Desktops to become inaccessible.
- Moving an ESX from one cluster to another.
- Removing and re-adding an ESX host from VirtualCenter
- Un-registering and re-registering a virtual machine on VMware Infrastructure Client or VirtualCenter
- Re-signaturing a LUN which is hosting VDI desktops
- Moving virtual machines from one folder to another within VirtualCenter
- Changing the names of folders in VirtualCenter where virtual machines are stored
- Changing the names of folders in VirtualCenter where templates are stored
- Upgrading VirtualCenter while VDM/View services are running
- Re-installing VirtualCenter