Information storage and management (ISMBook)
Storing, managing and protecting digital information is critical to business success.
Information storage and management (ISM)—once a relatively straightforward operation—has developed into a highly sophisticated pillar of information technology, requiring proven technical expertise. Today’s ISM technologies provide a variety of solutions for storing, managing, networking, accessing, protecting, securing, sharing, and optimizing information.
Growing need for skilled information management professionals challenges IT managers.
Exponential information growth and the associated increase in sophistication and complexity of information management technology challenges IT managers with finding and developing highly skilled information storage professionals.
The ISM book fills the need for a central reference resource that addresses the fastest growing segment of IT. The book’s ‘open’ approach covers concepts, principles, and deployment considerations - rather than product specifics - across all technologies used for information storage and management.
- Challenges and solutions for data storage and data management
- Intelligent storage systems
- Storage networking (FC-SAN, IP-SAN, NAS)
- Backup, recovery and archive (including CAS)
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Security and virtualization
- Managing and monitoring key areas of the data center
- Item Tag: EMC