VMware offers Free of Cost (self-paced) courses. These courses give you a good start point for persons who are not so familiar with VMware vSphere or related products. These courses are covering the starter level areas and worth looking into when preparing for any entry level certification like VCP. (Login account required)
Self-Paced (3 Hours)
This e-learning course demonstrates how to install, configure, and use VMware vCenter Configuration Manager to manage configuration, compliance, and patching.
|Objectives:||After completing the course, you should be able to:
• Install VCM
• Manage machines in VCM
• Create a report with the Report Wizard
• Perform a Compliance Audit with the VCM Console
• Deploy Patches with the VCM Console
|Outline:||The course consists of the following modules:
• VCM Installation demonstrates how to Install VCM.
• VCM Configuration demonstrates discover, license, and manage machines.
• VCM Console demonstrates the Upper Console, Lower Windows Console, and Lower Unix Console.
• VCM Reports Run reports and create reports with the Report Wizard.
• VCM Compliance Run compliance audits with the VCM Console.
• VCM Patch Perform patch assessents and deploy patches.