VMware offers Free of Cost (self-paced) courses. These courses give you a good start point for persons who are not so familiar with VMware vSphere or related products. These courses are covering the starter level areas and worth looking into when preparing for any entry level certification like VCP. (Login account required)
Self-Paced (3 Hours)
This self paced course discusses why organizations need to consider virtualization of Microsoft SharePoint. This course focuses on the SharePoint design prerequisites and general guidelines for designing, sizing, and implementing SharePoint on vSphere.
|Objectives:||After completing the course, you should be able to:
• Describe the need for virtualizing Microsoft SharePoint.
• Describe the benefits of virtualizing Microsoft SharePoint.
• Explain the reference architecture of SharePoint on VMware vSphere with examples.
• Identify the prerequisites for virtualizing SharePoint on vSphere.
• Explain the support and licensing options for SharePoint on vSphere.
• Describe the process for designing the virtualization of SharePoint on vSphere.
• List the general guidelines for virtualizing SharePoint.
• Describe the implementation alternatives for SharePoint virtualization.
• List the implementation steps for SharePoint virtualization.
• Identify the guidelines for SharePoint virtualization.
• Explain the process of performance testing and monitoring of SharePoint on vSphere.
|Outline:||The course consists of three modules:
• Introduction to SharePoint Virtualization discusses why VMware recommends virtualization of SharePoint. You will also learn about the need for virtualizing SharePoint and the benefits of virtualizing SharePoint on vSphere.
• Developing SharePoint Virtualization Design discusses the design prerequisites for virtualizing SharePoint. This module also discusses the key tasks in developing a SharePoint virtualization design. Moreover, this module covers general guidelines for virtualizing SharePoint.
• Implementing SharePoint on Virtual Infrastructure discusses the implementation alternatives for SharePoint virtualization. This module also covers how to implement the virtualization of SharePoint on vSphere. Finally, this module discusses how to test and monitor SharePoint performance on vSphere.